May 15, 2012

Club BAKED: Orange Creamsicle Tart

It's time for another Club: Baked recipe.  I've made plenty of cakes, cupcakes and pies....but I've never made a tart before.  I bought these 4" mini tart pans just for this recipe.

This recipe has a few components:  tart shell, orange filling and whipped cream.  The orange filling (which is delicious!) was the most time consuming to make.  I made half the recipe and that was still a lot of work:  from zesting the oranges & lemon, to juicing, to cooking the custard.  You had to see the mess in the kitchen!  But everything smelled so citrusy!

Next was the tart shell which I made the next day.  I dread making pie crusts so I dreaded this as well cause its the same thing!  But I think I lucked out because it was on a much smaller scale.  And finally, the whipped cream -- I went with a lightly sweetened cream.  I thought the orange flavor was predominant already.

For my first tart, I'd say I was pretty successful!  Everything came out great.
Head on over to JRoll's blogpage for the recipe.
Join us next month for Club: BAKED!
(I'm hosting!)  We're making ice cream!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Glad to see your cute little tarts were successful. They are so pretty in the little tart pans. I've never made a tart before either, but used a springform pan instead. It seemed to work out.

Teri@thefreshmancook said...

I love these tarts! I used the mini tart pans too. So cute! Yours look great!

JRoll said...

I love your picture- it looks great against the orange back drop :) If I make this recipe again I think I may try the mini tart pans. Also, I will definitely break up the recipe into days!

Gloria said...

Your tart looks delicious Karen. I love the personal size. Unfortunately I didn't get to bake this time, but will have to squeeze this in at some point as anything orange creamsicle is for me!

Post a Comment