November 01, 2011

Club BAKED: Caramel Apple Cake

This month's Club Baked recipe was selected by Melissa, Lulu the Baker.  I was so excited to make this when it was selected.  I made this three weeks ago.... into cupcakes, which came together rather quickly & easily.  The caramel sauce was superb!!  But I could not get the frosting to work for me at all.

So this past weekend, during our SNOWSTORM, I decided to take another crack at it.  My yummy caramel sauce came together.


My cupcakes were easy and ready to be frosted.


I read the P&Qs section of Club Baked and those who were successful said to keep the mixer churning and the frosting would eventually come together.  I was so ready to try again. 

When I went to turn on the mixer to make the frosting... THE POWER WENT OUT!  Cupcakes and caramel were still fantastic.... will have to try to whip up the frosting another day.

Visit Club: BAKED for more information on joining and to see how others did.
Check out Melissa's blog for the recipe.
Our next BAKED recipe:  Buckeyes

9 comments:

Crystal said...

The larger cake was an ordeal for sure and I personally love cupcakes. Definitely give the frosting another go when you have time (and electricity). As you saw, I had problems too. Your caramel is a perfect color. Nice job.

Jess said...

That caramel looks perfect! Good luck with the frosting :)

Teri@thefreshmancook said...

I thought of cupcakes also! Great idea!The caramel looks delicious!

Every Day Blessings said...

Looks like a lot of people did cupcakes, great idea! the frosting was hard but it tasted great.You'll have to try it again when you have power.

Gloria said...

Bummer about your power. Guess you'll just have to make this a third time. :) Your caramel looks yummy!

Kirsten said...

So sorry about your power......definitely try the frosting another time.....it's fantastic (just be patient with it)!

Julie said...

Your caramel looks amazing! I did cupcakes too but not caramel or frosting. Hopefully you've recovered from the storm.

joan said...

Shoot, stupid power! Maybe give the frosting another chance on another cake. Third time's the charm, right?

spike. said...

Oh no! can't believe the power left your frosting stranded. Glad everything was enjoyed even without frosting!

Post a Comment