September 14, 2011

{MSC} Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes

Gosh!  My last MSC Cupcake was March 2010!  I can't believe it took me this long to get into the swing of things!  Here we are with this month's MSC Cupcake pick.  For my comeback, I chose Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes, and as usual, I cut the recipe drastically and came out with 3 cupcakes.  To me these cupcakes tasted more like muffins.  In my haste, I didnt go for the frosting because I got lazy.  My apologies for the mediocre photo.... i just wasn't feeling these cuppies.

4 comments:

Simple Girl said...

Next time, bake the whole recipe and give some happiness away! :-) I think you were right that these were dense like a muffin (What I would expect from peanut butter!), but the toppings really made it. Thanks for this month's pick! I really enjoyed them!

Rachel

Lorraine said...

I completely agree that these were dense like muffins. They weren't my favorite, but I did think that the icing (especially with the jelly) made them a bit better!

rebecca said...

Hi Karen! We were fellow bakers at Sweet Melissa Sunday and then I sort of fell off the grid. (I'm still wondering whether to join ClubBaked- seems like a lot of the same gals are there with you.)

Definitely, these were more muffin than cake, but I still managed to down quite a few of them.

Thanks for the pick.

Jenny said...

I appreciate your candor - sometimes I'm just too lazy, too. :)

Post a Comment