August 01, 2011

Club BAKED: Chocolate Mint Thumbprints

This week's Club: BAKED recipe was chosen by Jamie of Random Acts of Food
I'm becoming more and more notorious for making half the recipe and I did it again for these cookies, which were very rich & chocolaty, as well as minty.  I love chocolate & mint.  Half the recipe gave me one dozen-tablespoon-sized cookies.  I'm not sure if the white cholate mint ganache was suppose to set (& harden).  I refrigerated the cookies overnight and the ganache was still wet.


Would you like to join the Club?  Visit Club: BAKED for more information and to see how others did.
Check out Jamie's blog for the recipe.
Our next BAKED recipe:  Sunday Night Cake.

9 comments:

Jess said...

Wow, your cookies look just like the one's in the cookbook! I wanted so badly to make these with the club, but was out of town. I'll have to give them a try another time, though, as they look fantastic!

PhDcupcaker said...

Karen - Your cookies look great! I too would have made half of the recipe if I didn't have a party to take them to. My filling set when I put it in the fridge for a few hours, but quickly got runny once I took them out... I am blaming it on the humid weather! :-)

Kirsten said...

Karen, your cookies look great! And smart of you to only do a 1/2 recipe.....I ate waaayyy to many of these! My filling did set but remained tacky......so I couldn't stack them.

Julie said...

Beautiful! I love how sugary they look. I made a half recipe also and ended up with 16 cookies. Have a great week.

Gloria said...

I wish I had made half the recipe. I have way too many cookies on my hands! My filling set in the fridge but became runny when I took them out. Your cookies look delicious!

sassymama said...

they look good Karen! if they are too wet put less heavy cream? i think mine is a little too thick.
i made the whole recipe but baked only 1/2 the first batch. I will learn from it and make second batch!

The Bahens said...

My ganache never hardened all the way, but it did thicken, so it was kind of gooey but didn't run out of the cookie when you bit into it. Either way, they were delicious!!

Tessa said...

I halved the recipe too. A full recipe just makes so many cookies - what really should be too many for just the 2 of us, even though sometimes we eat them all :)

Bizzy B. Bakes said...

I am another "halfer". When, I first looked at your cookies, they looked like they were in the snow, all the whiteness. Very pretty.

Post a Comment