August 03, 2011

ABC ~ Congo Brownies

This month's Avid Baker's Challenge Recipe was Congo Brownies.  Basically, it's two brownie layers (blondie & chocolate); and in between is a layer of nuts.  I made half the recipe (again) and used my 8x8 baking pan and went with chopped pecans.  In my haste of baking a few things over the weekend, I completely forgot the baking powder in the blondie layer and as you can see from the photo... that layer didnt rise at all.  But I didnt forget it in the chocolate layer and it baked up nicely.  I omitted the glaze because there was just too much chocolate in the house.  See my post below, I also made chocolate mint cookies!

These were good.... loved the chocolate layer!


2 comments:

Hanaâ said...

Skipping the leavening in the bottom layer didn't mess up these brownies at all. The choc layer looks super chocolaty and fudgy. That was my favorite part!
Btw, I'm missing the "ABC tab" at the top of your blog ;o) Just kidding. I just noticed the different tabs (SMS, Baked) and I like that idea a lot (might have to borrow it from ya, if you don't mind) ;o)

k.a.r.e.n said...

I havent baked enough with ABC yet to add but i will!

Post a Comment