June 07, 2011

ABC ~ Favorite Buttermilk Cake


Last week as I was thinking about starting another baking group, I was invited to join one.  The group, Avid Baker's Challenge, founded by fellow-SMS baker, Hanaâ of Hanaa's Kitchen, is a monthly baking group that is baking through Baking for All Occasions by Flo Braker.

Favorite Buttermilk Cake was this month's selection.  I didn't want to make the entire cake, even though the full recipe only yields one 8-inch square cake.  I was afraid I would end up eating the whole thing by myself (because that does happen sometimes).  I halved the recipe and came out with exactly 6 standard-sized cupcakes.  Added lightly sweetened whipped cream & sprinkles on top... these were the perfect lil treats.  A very good yellow cake recipe!


3 comments:

Hanaâ said...

Super cute and festive cupcake, Karen. Love it! Good to hear this recipe works well when you half it. Again, welcome to ABC. It's great to have you :o)

Jennifurla said...

love it, want it.

Gloria said...

Loving your cake to frosting ratio. Sounds like my kind of treat.

Post a Comment