February 17, 2010

Operation Baking Gals

Last week as I was reviewing the posts of my fellow SMS Bakers, I came across Julie's post about the "Baking Gals." I've seen Operation Baking Gals on quite a few blogs. I immediately became intrigued and read on and then as if I don't have enough to do in my life, I found myself joining.

Baking GALS (GALS stands for Give A Little Support) is a group of volunteer bakers from around the country who bake and ship homemade goodies to our heroic military men and women who are currently deployed in a war zone. The goal is to show our support and send a little bit of home to remind them that we appreciate all that they do for our freedom.

I joined Team "Baking Buddies" and we're baking for Patrick F., the son of a teacher in the Bronx, NYC (this is what caught my attention right away N-Y-C!). He is 23 years old and a PFC in the Marines. Right now he is in Afghanistan, but we don't know exactly where.

I made Snickerdoodles, one of my favorite SMS recipes.

5 comments:

Eliana said...

What a sweet gesture. I'm sure he is going to love these cookies as they are one of my favorite recipes from the book.

cindy said...

I am very impressed. Thanks, I know you will make someones day!

SUGAR B said...

Great deed!

Julie said...

It made me feel so good to do this.

I love Snickerdoodles. I will have to try the SMS recipe.

Susan said...

Welcome to the group! I have been baking with them since round 2. This past round (16) I hosted a team for the first time! It's a great cause.

Post a Comment