February 23, 2010

Breadmaker Cinnamon Rolls

Last week, I bought a bread machine that was on sale and was so excited that upon receipt of it, I made a loaf of bread at 11pm on a worknight! What I love about the machine is I can throw in all the ingredients, press a button and in three hours I have fresh baked bread.

The next day in the office I printed out a ton of bread recipes and this was one of the first ones I stumbled upon and decided to make -- "Clone of a Cinnabon."

Ingredients:

the dough
1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup margarine, melted
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast

cinnamon sugar filling
I went with the filling I used when I made Melissa Murphy's Sticky Buns
1 tbsp. plus 1 1/2 tsp. freshly ground cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar

the icing
3 ounces package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.

2. After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.

3. Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. (Instead of the butter, I brushed on some cream.) Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. (I baked at 350 degrees).

4. Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. (At 350 degrees, I baked for 30 minutes.) While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.

I dont know how big these were suppose to be cut but I ended up with a WHOPPING 24 rolls! These were DELICIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, and as it's entitled, it tasted JUST like the store-bought cinnabon. Why spend $5 for one when you can make a ton at home!? I'm sure you can do this without a breadmaker machine if you've made breads.

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Yum, that looks amazing! I rarely make cinnamon rolls because I have no self control :)

Julie said...

These look delicious! I've had a bread machine for years but have never had great luck with scratch recipes. I will have to give this one a try!

Susan said...

Oh man! I am in trouble now! I have a bread machine and all the ingredients to make those rolls! They look delicious!

Eliana said...

Oh man - these look mouthwatering!

Post a Comment