December 13, 2009

::SMS Rewind:: Honey Beescotti

This Sunday the rest of the gang is taking a break so I decided to make the very first SMS Recipe I missed — Honey Beescotti (page 70-71), which was chosen & hosted by SMS Founder, Lorelei of Mermaid Sweets. The recipe can be found here.

I reviewed the P&Q section for the biscotti and here are some of my notes:
◊ Make your own candied orange peel by following Giada De Laurentiis' recipe, which can be found here.
◊ The caraway seeds are preferential: they may or may not make or break your biscotti. I left them out because I dont have any and I didnt feel like buying it, especially since they taste like licorice.
◊ Freeze your dough (bowl and all) for 20 minutes before shaping into logs because a lot of the bakers' complained about really sticky dough); then refrigerate.

I've never made biscotti but always wanted to. I ate at least 3 of these when they were out of the oven. I am so glad I made these because they were easy to make and delicious!

6 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

delicious

Nina said...

yum! I think I may be going back and doing some of the older SMS recipes too!

Tracey said...

This was a yummy recipe - glad you got to give it a shot this week! Your beescotti look perfect :)

margot said...

The biscotti looks great! You reminded me how yummy these are.

lakegirl said...

This looks so good! I need to make the SMS recipes from before I joined the group! I love biscotti and this looks wonderful!

Eliana said...

I missed this one as well and after seeing yours now I have to make them soon. Hope you had a happy new year.

Post a Comment