November 08, 2009

::SMS:: Apple Cranberry Muffins

After baking (& cooking) for my daughter's birthday party, one would think I'd be exhausted and take a break from baking for awhile, right? Yes and no. Yes, it WAS a little tiring but do I want to take a break? No. There's so much good stuff to bake & eat!

So here we are for another installment of SMS. Jennifer of Maple N’ Cornbread chose this week's recipe — PEAR Cranberry Muffins w/Gingersnap Crumble — which is a "spin-off" of a previous SMS recipe. You see, Melissa Murphy has a recipe for Sweet Muffins, and with that you can make just about any type of sweet muffin, using the basic dough. In August, we made Peach Muffins. Today, I made APPLE Cranberry Muffins.

I pretty much did the same thing I did last time:
• I made half the recipe.
• I used 3 tablespoons of heavy cream.
• This time, instead of using honey, I added 1 tablespoon of agave nectar.
• Instead of pears, I used apples because that's what I had.
• Instead of the gingersnap crumble topping I just topped the muffins with cinnamon sugar because I liked it a lot the last time I made these muffins. I liked these as much as I liked the Peach Muffins. These were good... nice and tart from the apples with just enough sweetness from the cinnamon and sugar.

13 comments:

Flourchild said...

Im glad you liked the muffins. I made 12 reg. size and 12 minis. I thought the minis were better, maybe cus you can just pop them in your mouth(over and over)!
I love your little muffin cup!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for baking with me this week! I like your subs, they look great!

lakegirl said...

I loved these muffins, too! Your muffin liners are so cute!

Tracey said...

Yum, your variation with the apples and the cinnamon sugar sounds awesome! I thought these were delicious too :)

Stephanie said...

yumm an apple variation! looks delicious. i bet the apple + cinnamon sugar combo was out of this worlddd

Mrs. G said...

I made half the recipe as well. IM glad you likes them.

Sarah said...

I've been making apple everything lately, and I bet your version of these muffins was delicious! I'll have to keep that idea in mind. Your muffins look wonderful!

Susan said...

Your muffins look great. I love the apple and cranberry. I plan on making apple/raisin ones in the future.

The Bahens said...

I haven't made mine yet, but I think I'll go with apples too. We have them out the wazoo! And congrats on your daughter's birthday! One of mine had a birthday too this week, and even though we tried to keep it small, it was exhausting!!

Rosy said...

Oh those look lovely! Like the apple idea - I wish I'd gone with apples as I can't say I could really taste the pears.

margot said...

They look yummy! I eat apples with cinnamon all the time, I'm sure I'd love your version of these muffins.

tam said...

Yummy yummy yummy! x

Sweet and Savory said...

I made an apple and cranberry cake, last night and it was a winner. The two go together so well.

I can only imagine these muffins are great. I have the book. I think I will make these.

Post a Comment