November 01, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby & Happy Halloween to All


First off, I'd like to apologize to Candace of Candy Girl and to all the other SMS Bakers for not making the Sweet Almond Bread Pudding this weekend. Please be sure to check out what they've done cause it's an easy recipe and I will make it one day.

This is why I've been slacking on my posts. I've been planning this for the past 2 weeks. My Baby's TWO!!! And to celebrate, we combined her birthday with Halloween.


Here's the rundown of the food:
Whole Wheat Pasta w/Turkey Sausage & Mushrooms for the kids
My dad made his Curried Chicken Empanadas
(both of which I totally forgot to take photos of)

Hot Artichoke/Spinach Dip
(Food Network's "Lighter" version)


Sandwich Platter from a great deli near our house


Can't have a birthday party without cupcakes and you cant have a Halloween party without something black or orange.... so I combined the two.




Chocolate Spider Cupcakes


Vanilla Cupcakes w/Vanilla Buttercream (tinted orange)




The Birthday Cupcake


The Birthday-Supergirl


Supergirl, eating her cupcake


Supergirl & Friends:





Halloween Cupcake Ideas on Foodista

10 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Aww yay!! Happy birthday to your little one and happy belated Halloween :)

Flourchild said...

My sons birthday is the day before halloween so I totally understand about being busy. Your cupcakes turned out so good and all the little ones look adorble in their costumes!
I had to miss SMS this week too. It sounds like I was busy like you with a birthday and halloween! Hope to bake next week with the group!

lakegirl said...

The cupcakes are so cute! Your little girl is such a cutie! Sounds like the birthday was a fun day! I didn't participate in SMS this week either, although the recipe looked good!

Susan said...

Your daughter is adorable! The bread pudding was delish. Love your cupcakes!

sassyspot said...

cute cupcakes!! i love the halloween decorations

Hanaâ said...

Happy belated bday, Megan. Oh my gosh they all look so cute. Considering the amount of sugar they're surrounded with, they're behaving pretty well :o) And boy, did you go the whole nine yards. Love those signs!!! Did you special order those?

Just Anything said...

Love the cupcake decorations!

Tracey said...

Happy Birthday to your little girl! Isn't she precious! My husband would love her costume - he's intent on dressing our kids in superhero costumes no matter if they're boys or girls :)

Great job on the food - everything looks wonderful. I especially love the spider cupcakes - so cute!

Stephanie said...

happpy birthday to your baby! these photos are just absolutely precious!!

Sweet and Savory said...

That is some awesome spread. Happy Birthday. Two is a great age.

Post a Comment