October 04, 2009

::SMS:: Apple Orchard Pecan Crumble

I love APPLE SEASON and I love to go apple picking! I use to go as a teen with friends and family and everytime we came back with bags and bags. There was always pie being made afterwards. I cant wait to go apple picking later this month with BabyM — I just hope she likes it as much as I do — it'll be the first time we go together as a family. My husband's never been apple picking, either.

Cristine of Cristine Cooks chose this Sunday's SMS recipe, and I couldnt wait to make it, Apple Orchard Pecan Crumble. If you'd like the recipe, head over to Cristine's blog.


I made half the recipe using granny smiths and they fit into 6 ramekins, which baked for about an hour --- my house smelled wonderful of apples & cinnamon.

My favorite way to eat apple pie? Ala mode, of course. And what's a great way to eat apple crumble? Ala mode, of course! This was a great and easy recipe. I loved it. I cant wait to make this again with apples picked by BabyM.

19 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

PERFECT use of the "first of the season" apples!

lakegirl16 said...

I love individual crumbles, they look wonderful. This was a delicious bake, wasn't it?

Nina said...

how cute! Everything is better with a little bit of ice cream!

Susan said...

Your crumbles look so good and your photos are fabulous!

Flourchild said...

I loved this recipe and your crumbles looks perfectly sweet!

Melissa said...

That is one perfect scoop of ice cream! I love the individual servings.

Shandy said...

Perfect apple crumble, especially with the vanilla ice cream ala mode! YUM! The apple picking sounds just as fun as eating the finished dessert.

Jaime said...

I wish I had some ice cream to go with mine - yum!

Tracey said...

I love that bottom photo Karen - it is gorgeous!! Glad you enjoyed the crumble. Hope you, your husband and BabyM have a great time apple picking :)

Jen T. said...

I love the individual ramekins, and agree that this was amazing with vanilla ice cream! Great job, and it sounds like you guys are going to make some wonderful memories!

The Bahens said...

So sweet. I took my little ones blueberry picking this summer. One loved it, one hated it! Maybe we'll try apples!

Eliana said...

Your crumble looks amazing, especially with that ice cream on top.

margot said...

Your crumble looks great! I agree that ice cream is essential for warm apple desserts. Have fun apple-picking, sounds fun!

Jeannette said...

yummy crumble. i'm going to make these again to fix my crumble problem AND to make sure i get to eat mine a la mode :D

Mrs. G said...

Your mini crumbles look perfect!

Karin said...

Your apple crumble looks wonderful! I hope you guys have fun apple picking- I love to take my little ones...

Sweet and Savory said...

Ice cream adds to this great recipe but I can't imagine how it could be made better. I love apple dishes.

Sarah said...

Apple crumble and vanilla ice cream are made for each other, I wish I had had some ice cream to eat with mine! It was delicious on its own, though. I love that last shot.

pinkstripes said...

Your crumbles look great! Love it with the ice cream.

Post a Comment