October 30, 2009

Chocolate w/Francois ::: Chocolate Creme Brulee

I've taken on so many projects these last two weeks. I dont know why I do this to myself but I do. What in the world am I talking about? This week, I've been planning my daughter's Birthday Halloween Party (be sure to come back in the next few days for that post).

And now, I'm barely making it on-time for my new bake-along!

Ready for CHOCOLATE overload? Welcome to another monthly baking adventure --- this one, dedicated totally to CHOCOLATE! My new baking group will be baking thru Chocolate Epiphany: Exceptional Cookies, Cakes, and Confections for Everyone by Francois Payard.




Information about this new group, as well as a list of bakers can be found here. Anyone else dare to do death by chocolate?

Our first recipe, Chocolate Creme Brulee, was chosen by our leader, Julie of A Little Bit of Everything. Click here to see the recipe. I've never made creme brulee before so this was totally new to me. Actually, this was a very easy recipe to follow. I cut the recipe in half and the result was 4 ramekins of lusciousness.


This was really, R-E-A-L-L-Y chocolatey.... maybe even a little TOO rich for me. It took me 2 days to eat one. Hubs thought it was nice and rich... and then he thinks he rather eat it WARM!?


Be sure to come back next month (on the 30th to be exact) for MY pick: Flourless Chocolate Cookies!

7 comments:

Anncoo said...

WOW! This is really tempting!!

lakegirl said...

Karen - Your creme brulee looks wonderful! Sorry you were feeling stressed over this post!

Hope the birthday goes well. Look forward to reading about it!

Happy Halloween!

Tracey said...

Oh wow, that looks super rich! Love the idea of a chocolate creme brulee. Kudos to you for taking on another baking group - I can barely keep up with mine!

Susan said...

Karen - you sound like me. I joined this group and then wondered if I had lost my mind as I am already involved in two other baking groups. But, this recipe convinced me that I had made the right decision! :) Your brulees look terrific. Looking forward to your pick next month!

HanaĆ¢ said...

Wow, that does look rich. It would prob take me 2 days to eat one too. It looks great. Nice job! Oooooh can't wait to see your flourless choc cookies. That sounds delicious.

Mags said...

Your chocolate creme brulee looks fabulous! I thought it was very rich too, but definitely not too rich...lol. I'm also looking forward to baking the recipe you chose for this month.

Jelli Bean said...

Chocolate creme brulee is hands down my FAVORITE dessert ever, whether restaurant elegant or homemade. Thanks for sharing the link to this absurdly amazing treat!

Post a Comment