September 01, 2009

Vanilla Frozen Yogurt

A few weeks ago Stonyfield Farms asked me if I wanted some coupons (this link will take you to their coupon page) for free yogurt — why would i say NO? When I received my package, I was suprised to see a few coupons for their Greek-style yogurt. I've been craving some frozen yogurt so last night i gave it a try.

Using David Lebovitz's recipe from Perfect Scoop, I made the Perfect Frozen Yogurt. This tastes just as good, if not better than the Food Network's Pinkberry Copycat Recipe I previously made.
Makes about 1 quart.

3 cups strained yogurt* or Greek-style yogurt
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix together the yogurt, sugar, and vanilla. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Refrigerate 1 hour. Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.


NOTE: To make 1 cup of strained yogurt, line a mesh strainer with a few layers of cheese cloth & scrape 16 ounces or 2 cups of plain whole-milk yogurt into the cheesecloth. Gather the ends and fold them over the yogurt, then refrigerate for at least 6 hours.

Frozen Vanilla Yogurt on Foodista

8 comments:

pink said...

Oooh, yum! I have a new ice cream/yogurt maker at home that I haven't tried using yet. I should try this! :)

Eliana said...

I love Greek yogurt so I wil definitely be trying this one.

spike. said...

I didn't know stonyfield had greek yogurt! Your fro yo sounds perfect

pinkstripes said...

YUM! Your frozen yogurt looks delicious.

Hanaâ said...

Your frozen yogurt looks creamy and delicious. Thanks for offering the link for the coupons. Will print some out tonight.

Megan said...

I've made that frozen yogurt too - and it's superb. The lemon buttermilk version is really good too.

SUGAR B said...

Nice nice nice!

I hope to make this soon!

My next David L. project is basil ice cream. I just made some Thai food and have leftover basil leaves. ;)

Tracey said...

Your frozen yogurt looks so tasty! I received coupons from Stonyfield as well and still haven't found something to make with the yogurt yet but this is a very tempting option :)

Post a Comment