Fast forward to two months later and I made them! Why? Well, the obvious reason being that I intend to attempt every cupcake the MSC Group makes. Tracey from Tracey's Culinary Adventures selected Zucchini-Spice Cupcakes (pages 44-45) for this month's selection.
• I halved the recipe and made 12
• Instead of lemon, I used orange zest
• Instead of walnuts, I used almonds
• Instead of cream cheese frosting (because I didnt have cream cheese) I made a yogurt icing
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (i used Stonyfield Farms Greek Style cause its thicker & creamier and I still had free yogurt coupons)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, to allow the icing to thicken. Spread on cupcakes.
• • • • • • • • • •Verdict: You know how you can taste the carrot in a carrot cake? Well... we couldnt taste the zucchini in this one. Are we suppose to? Because the flavor of the spices was more dominant. Oh, and the yogurt icing added a nice flavor... but I wish I could taste the zucchini a lil more.