August 30, 2009

::SMS:: Fresh Peach Muffins

The week before our SMS creations are posted, many of us express opinions (raves, reviews, tips, etc.) about the chosen recipe. After reading the comments about today's recipe, Fresh Peach Muffins, chosen by JoVonn of The Givens Chronicles, I almost opted out of this one. I certainly didnt want a dense muffin that wasn't the least bit tasty. But I'm glad I went ahead and made the muffins anyway.

First off, I made half the recipe. Halving the ingredients meant I was suppose to use 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons of heavy cream and 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons of milk. Instead, I used 3 tablespoons of heavy cream. Some bakers expressed that the muffins weren't sweet enough so I added 1 tablespoon of honey. I used a very ripe white peach. Right before I put the pan in the oven, I topped the batter off with some cinnamon & sugar (I had leftover my Snickerdoodle-fest). I didnt have to worry about the muffins not being sweet enough because they were perfect & they werent dense at all.

My taste tester enjoyed them very much, especially right BEFORE her dinner!

18 comments:

Flourchild said...

Your taste tester is a cutie! Im glad they turned out perfect for you!

Mrs. G said...

I'm glad that you went ahead and baked them. It looks like your taste tester approved. Thank you for baking with me.

VeggieGirl said...

SUCH an adorable taste tester!! And glorious muffins.

The Bahens said...

My tasters enjoyed them too! They left giant crumbs all over the high chair tray, kitchen table, chair, and floor! I'm glad you went ahead and made them; we thought they were delicious! I don't know what everyone else is talking about!

Alisa@Foodista said...

What a cutie.Your taste tester looks like she is enjoying that muffin!I feel hungry just watching her enjoying that bite :) I followed you from the foodieblogroll and what a great blog you have here!

Nina said...

Aw she's so cute! The muffins look delicious!

Sarah said...

They look great, I'm glad they were so successful!

Just Anything said...

Aww..how cute! Yum! Yum! In her tummy! :)

margot said...

Honey and peach, great call! The muffins look really good and your taste-tester is adorable.

Cristine said...

What an adorable taste tester! Glad you enjoyed the muffins!

sweettherapie said...

What a cutiepie!! I wish I had such an adorable taster-tester..mine's just big & hairy..
Your muffins look delicious too!! I tried a crumble topping, which didn't work out as expected so I'll definitely try the cinnamon-sugar next time!! Honey sounds genius too... xx

The Whimsical Cupcake said...

your honey idea is golden!! i will nab that for next time. i also used white peaches but i was disappointed in the flavor, apparently mine wasn't very ripe. it sure did smell delish though.

your taste tester is absolutely adorable!!

pinkstripes said...

Your muffins look great. Love your taste tester!

Eliana said...

Your muffins look great but your taste tester is even cuter.

Hanaâ said...

I'm glad you went ahead and made it. Looks like it worked for you just fine. Your taste tester is so cute! :o) I'll have to put this muffin on my rewind list.

Hanaâ said...

Btw, love your striped paper liners!

Tracey said...

Oh wow, your taste tester is so precious! I'm glad she enjoyed her muffin :) Love your liners. I wound up with dense muffins but it seems like everyone who added a bit more liquid to their batter had better luck, so I'll probably try these again sometime.

Sweet and Savory said...

Love your muffins, peaches, your liners and most of all, your taster. What a cutie.

I guess Melissa deserves credit too. She is incredible.

Post a Comment