August 02, 2009

::SMS:: Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

Whenever I'm invited to a gathering, whether it be with family or friends, I usually bring dessert. This weekend was no exception. My brother had a BBQ yesterday and I made cupcakes (posts to follow) and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies. Stephanie of Ice Cream Before Dinner chose this week's Sweet Melissa Sunday recipe and it can be found here.

Super simple. I had all the ingredients on-hand. Except for the PB... which was odd, cause i dont remember finishing it all. Anyways, I got the PB and made these the night before. The dough came together nice & quick but a problem did arise (at least, I thought it was a problem). Maybe my butter was TOO soft but the dough was really, really sticky. And when i tried to make the cross-hatch marks with my fork -- they came out really gooey. So I popped them in the fridge for 15 minutes. "Cross-hatching" came easier the 2nd time.

Baked for 12 minutes & voila!


I had to stop myself from eating them and save them for Saturday's BBQ. These were really good. Hubs had one too. Next time, he wants me to drizzle some chocolate over them! They were a hit at the BBQ!

Thanks, Stephanie for choosing another SMS winner. Be sure to check out the blogroll for everyone else's creation as we have some new bakers onboard!

21 comments:

Sarah said...

My dough was sticky, too, resulting in a messy cross-hatch. I can't believe I didn't think to refrigerate it! How smart! Your cookies look wonderful, and I'm glad they were a hit. I really enjoyed these.

Mrs. G said...

Your cookies look great!

Nina said...

wow your crosshatch marks looks great on those cookies.

Flourchild said...

Ya gotta love thee peanut butter cookies! Im taking them to a gathering today. Im sure they willbe a great hit!

Snooky doodle said...

I love peanut butter butter and these cookies look so yummy. I would have been really glad to help you finishing eating these :)

Tracey said...

Your peanut butter cookies look awesome! I ran into the same problem with sticky dough. I wound up dusting the top of each cookie with just a bit of flour and that made the process much easier! I am sending these to work with my husband tomorrow because I've already eaten way too many :)

Candy Girl said...

Your cookies look great! Thanks for the warm welcome to SMS!

Jaime said...

your cookies look great - i couldn't stop eating these too!

Jessica said...

The cookies look fabulous! I'm glad that they were a huge hit at your BBQ.

margot said...

The cookies look wonderful and seem like they'd be perfect for a BBQ - great when it works out that way!

Hanaâ said...

I'm glad you and your family enjoyed these cookies. I found the dough pretty sticky and soft too, so I weighed each cookie (1 oz each) and put the balls of dough in the fridge. After about 20 minutes, I took them out of the fridge and used a fork to make the crisscross pattern which went a lot easier.

Lauren said...

glad the cookies were easier to crisscross the 2nd time! great job :)

junyl6 said...

Your cookies look great!! I can't think of anything better than a BBQ and peanutbutter cookies - that's the taste of summer in my opinion! x

Stephanie said...

Chocolate drizzle over the top?? GULP - sounds like a PLAN!!! Don't you love it when you plan to bring a dessert somewhere and it comes out PERFECTLY DELICIOUS? Thank you for baking along with me this week, it was fun hosting!

spike. said...

looks great, no doubt they were a hit!

Karin said...

Ooo! I think your hunny is right! That sounds delicious!

pinkstripes said...

I had to buy PB to make them too. Isn't that strange? Who doesn't have PB on hand?
Your cookies look great!

Fit Chick said...

Chocolate drizzle sounds good to me! Had to let mine chill also. Glad you liked them.

Kaitlin said...

My dough was really sticky too - putting it in the fridge for a bit definitely helped.

I think these would look so pretty drizzled with chocolate - your husband must have an artistic eye :)

Katiecakes said...

I wanted to dip mine in chocolate so they resembled those black and white cookies, but I ate them too fast :S

Katie xox

Joy said...

Hi Karen!

Your cross-hatch marks came out perfect and your cookies are adorable. I'm sure they were the hit of the BBQ (along with your cupcakes, of course!) You hubby had a great idea to drizzle them with chocolate... maybe if you were feeling extra creative you could drizzle it in the indentations- I think that would look really nice :) Let me know if you give that extra step a try!

Hope to talk to you again soon. Have a wonderful rest of your week!

-Joy

Post a Comment