Happy Monday! I totally forgot to post the recipe for Sweet Melissa's Butterscotch Sauce yesterday. Here it is:
Butterscotch Sauce (p. 186)
Makes 3 cups
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2/3 cup granuIated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons water
3/4 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, the brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, water, and corn syrup and heat the mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and whisk in the heavy cream and vanilla until smoooth.
3. Return the pan to the stove and, over low heat, simmer for 2 minutes. Allow to warm.
Serve warm or at room temperature. This sauce can be kept tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Before serving, warm the sauce over low heat.
Head over to Michelle's blog for a really cute giveaway! To enter all you have to do is:
1. Tell one other person about the giveaway
2. Tell me her you love to bake!
3. Deadline for the giveaway will be July 12.
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (30)
- Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Walnut Muffins
- Hershey Park 2009
- Almost Famous Frozen Yogurt
- Lemon Sorbet
- Kreativ Blogger
- ::SMS:: Whole Orange Poppy Seed Cake
- Crème Caramel aka Flan
- ::SMS:: Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake with Cornmeal ...
- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes
- ::SMS:: Butterscotch Sauce & a Giveaway
- ::SMS:: Brown Sugar Vanilla Ice Cream with Hot Fu...
- TASTE TEST:: Entenmann's Pound Cake with Chocolat...
- ▼ July (12)
A to Z ABC almonds appetizers apple asian award banana bbq birthday blogiversary blueberry bread brownies butterscotch cakes candy cheese cheesecake chinese chocolate chocolate chip citrus clubBAKED coconut coffee cookie carnival cookies cranberry cupcakes CWF desserts dips donuts flan fondant frostings frozen fruit gingerbread giveaway holidays honey ice cream kreativ blogger lemon matcha meat misc. mochi MSCupcakes muffins My 100 nutella nuts OBG pasta peanut butter People's Choice pies pumpkin red velvet restaurants scones SMB frostings sorbet souffle stand strawberry sugars Sweet Melissa Sundays sweet potato tart tips vanilla vegan waffles wedding whole wheat yogurt