July 23, 2009

Lemon Sorbet

Frozen Lemonade!

Please excuse the blurry photo.... its difficult for me to photograph
something so tantalizing at 10:30 at nite, especially if i want to eat
it before it melts.

Simple. Sweet. Easy. Refreshing. Delicious.
Need i say more?

As soon as fellow-SMS baker Tracey posted this recipe on her blog, I ran home to zest & juice lemons! From The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz:
Printable recipe

2 1/2 cups water
1 cup sugar (i used 1 1/8 cups)
zest of 2 lemons (i zested 3)
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 6 lemons)

In a medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of the water and the sugar. Zest the lemons directly into the sauce. Heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining 2 cups of water, then chill thoroughly in the refrigerator.

Stir the lemon juice into the chilled sugar syrup, then freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker.

5 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

the photo says it all. delicious1

pinkstripes said...

Lemon sorbet sounds perfect for these hot summer days. YUM.

margot said...

Looks great, I tried that one a while back and loved it! I get impatient with my photos when I'm hungry.

Tracey said...

Your sorbet looks awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I ate about half of mine and then it got pushed to the back of the freezer and I completely forgot about it. My memory is terrible like that :)

SUGAR B said...

I want some of that lemon sorbet please!

Perfect!

Post a Comment