July 26, 2009

Almost Famous Frozen Yogurt

No SMS for me this weekend but if you have a moment, please go thru the blogroll and see what the SMS bakers created. This weeks recipe, Strawberry-Ruby Grapefruit Preserves, was chosen by Margot of Effort to Deliciousness.

We're out in Hershey, Pennsylvania for the weekend and so i dont leave you recipe-less today I'd like to leave you with a frozen yogurt recipe that I think you should try and will love!

Food Network's Copycat of Pinkberry's Recipe
Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine, Aug/Sept 2009
Printable recipe

2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
2 cups plain nonfat or reduced-fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup superfine sugar*
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
Fresh fruit or other toppings, for garnish

Whisk both yogurts, the sugar and corn syrup in a bowl until combined. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. For a soft consistency, serve right out of the ice cream maker. For a firmer texture, transfer the frozen yogurt to a covered container and freeze for up to 2 hours. Serve with assorted toppings.

I have to say -- this was really easy to do. It's light, creamy & very delicious. So? Does it taste like Pinkberry's? I think so. It has that nice tang a yogurt has. It's not too sweet (i used a lil less than half a cup of sugar and about 2 tablespoons of corn syrup). I do have a few other frozen yogurt recipes to try out and share -- i'll let you know which i like best... to be continued...

I ate mine with strawberry.


* You can make superfine sugar yourself by putting coarser sugar into the food processor and whizzing it around several times to break up larger crystals.

Slowly, but surely i'm making my way through My 100; this is #62!

5 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

lOOKS DELICIOUS

Tracey said...

I saw this recipe in the magazine and definitely want to try it! I've never had Pinkberry's though since we don't have one by me so I have no basis for comparison. It looks delicious!

Megan said...

I am all over this - I love frozen yogurt so thanks for sharing!

margot said...

I'll take a good frozen yogurt recipe instead of preserves; my last attempt was horrendous and I'm looking forward to trying it again. I've never had actual Pinkberry yogurt, just many of the fauxberry places that followed. Hope you're having a great trip!

pinkstripes said...

I love Pinkberry. I'll have to try this out.

Post a Comment