June 14, 2009

::SMS:: Chocolate Chip Cookies with Toasted Almonds

It's been awhile since i baked cookies. Hubs is getting pretty tired of seeing all the cupcakes & other desserts I make. Sometimes a cookie is all he wants.

How about a good ole chocolate chip cookie?
How about a top-selling chocolate chip cookie with toasted almonds?
How about baking along with Melissa Murphy, herself!??!!?
How cool is that??? Today's Sweet Melissa Sundays recipe can be found here.

The recipe is simple & easy: butter, eggs, flour, sugar, brown sugar, chocolate chips, toasted almonds. I only had slivered almonds in my pantry so i just toasted those. I doubled the recipe and made two batches of dough. One without almonds for the hubs and one with the almonds. The instructions say that after you mix the dough, refrigerate for an hour, then roll into a log and refrigerate some more til its firm, then slice up the cookies and bake.

Uhhhh.... first batch.... without the nuts.... hubs & i couldnt wait for dessert so i refrigerated the dough, put our lil one to bed, ran back into the kitchen and just scooped some of the dough onto a cookie sheet and baked for 14 minutes.



O M G!!! Awesome cookies! I cant even describe it. These were THAT good. Better than Toll House's refrigerated cookie dough which i usually have on hand when i want a fast cookie.... not anymore! These cookies baked up much lighter and "plumper" than the Toll House dough and were much chewier... which the hubs loves. And with these, I add as much or as little sugar as I want (usually less cause there's chocolate). And I can add as much or as lil chocolate chips as i want (usually a lot)! This is now MY GO-TO chocolate chip cookie recipe!



The batch with nuts which i ended up rolling, cutting & baking.




Don't forget to check out everyone else's cookies!

15 comments:

Flourchild said...

Great looking cookies. Im so glad you liked them and there a favorite with you now! I thought the almonds were a great change from walnuts!

HanaĆ¢ said...

Your cookies turned out great!! Nice and thick. I loved the almonds. Mine spread a little too much. I think I'll add a bit more flour next time.

margot said...

Excellent job on the cookies, they look perfect! Glad they were such a hit, I think this is will be my new go-to recipe, too.

Megan said...

Right on! I did the scoop method also, and I freeze the dough that way too, so I always have it ready to bake!

Just Anything said...

:( Our cookies. :(

Stephanie said...

Ymmmm I agree, much better than tollhouse! I Enjoyed making this easy recipe. Nice pictures!

spike. said...

I agree, sometimes you just want a good old cookie. Glad you loved this recipe!

Hornedfroggy said...

Beautiful cookies! :) I think this will be my go-to recipe from now on, too!!

The Bahens said...

Great job! I started making my dough while my kids were eating breakfast, otherwise I probably would have fast-tracked them too!

hotovenwarmheart said...

Hi Karen!

So glad you found your new go-to choc chip cookie recipe... and you can mix up the dough to have on hand in the fridge at all times (much better than the Toll House!) Your cookies came out great- love the pictures :) Thanks for stopping by my site, and I hope to talk to you again after next weekend's recipe!

-Joy

Every Day Blessings said...

Yours look sooo good. I wasn't sure how much to cut off at a time and they were a bit thick. I will have to give them another try.

Shandy said...

Your cookies look delicious too! and the recipe is a keeper for you and your hubs....Yay! I loved them too and I couldn't keep out of the toasted almonds =D

Tracey said...

I'm with you 100% on this recipe - it's my new go-to recipe as well! I loved it! Yours look delicious!

Katiecakes said...

These cookies are getting the best reviews ever! I'm so excited to make them.

Katie xox

Mermaid Sweets said...

Glad you liked these so much, they turned out great.

Post a Comment