June 21, 2009

::SMS:: Butterscotch Cashew Bars

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! Pamela of Cookies with Boys chose this Sunday's recipe, which can be found here. My dad is not a butterscotch fan. Hubs is not a fan of nuts. And i wasnt about to eat this all by myself. I actually made this Friday night and brought it to a housewarming party on Saturday.

This was another super easy recipe. First, make the crust which took less than 5 minutes to put together. Bake for 30 minutes.


Then melt butterscotch chips and pour over the baked crust. This, too, took less than 5 minutes to do.


Finally, top with cashews and put it back into the oven for 5 minutes.


Cool, then cut.



This was ooey-gooey goodness! The saltiness from the nuts plus the sweetness from the butterscotch made for a very nice treat.

15 comments:

Tracey said...

Your bars look so perfect! I'm not a fan of butterscotch but I loved the shortbread crust. Salty and sweet is such a good combination so I'm a bit bummed I couldn't enjoy these more :)

Megan said...

You were very inspired to make these even though it seemed like they wouldn't be too popular in your house.

I didn't make them for the exact reason! They look delicious, though.

Hornedfroggy said...

Small world...I took mine to a housewarming party yesterday, too. :) Great pictures!!

SUGAR B said...

Nice pictures and nice bars! Woo hoo!

Pamela said...

Great pictures!! Thanks for baking along with me this week. I really enjoyed this one!

HanaĆ¢ said...

Yum!!!! Nice pictures! I can even see the salt on the cashews. Yum! I'll have to do a rewind on this one (was busy baking a wedding cake for a friend).

Sarah said...

Your bars look great - I love sweet/salty combos. I made salted caramels this week instead of this recipe - no butterscotch chips...

pink said...

Good job! Looks good.

The Bahens said...

Your cookies look great! Good job!

pinkstripes said...

YOur bars look amazing. I'm glad you liked them!

curly chub said...

Oh, Nuts. =P

margot said...

The bars look great! Definitely a good one to share; even with only half a batch I sent some out of the house. I made the peanut butter chocolate ice cream after seeing it on your blog last week, my boyfriend loves it!

Shandy said...

Beautiful BARS! Very yummy and I am with you, the saltiness was a great combo with the sweetness. I was surprised and tickled! =)

Joy said...

Hi Karen!

Your bars came out fabulous! I too had tasters who were not fans of the ingredients, but in the end, everybody loved these bars! Thanks so much for stopping by my site and saying hello!

Hope to talk to you again after next Sunday's recipe. Have a wonderful rest of your week!

-Joy

Mermaid Sweets said...

Sorry I have been MIA, I have been so busy, but it has made me feel so bad not to have time to comment. Can't believe that I missed this week. this looks amazing.

Post a Comment