This week you chose Green Tea (aka Matcha) Cupcakes. I love green tea! I used the recipe from the Chocolate-Matcha Cupcakes that I made previously. I omitted all the chocolate and doubled the green tea mixture.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup matcha powder (use less if you dont want a strong tea flavor)
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp. milk, room temperature
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line muffin pan w/paper liners.
- With a wire whisk, mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the matcha mixture to the creamed mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Bake for about 18-22 minutes.