May 18, 2009

Wedding Cupcakes

This past weekend my mission was to make 10 dozen cupcakes plus an 8" layered cake for my friend's sister's wedding. I NEVER had to make more than 3 dozen cupcakes at time so this was a new task. First I set everything out (the night before) so I wouldnt have to stop & search in the middle of my bake-a-thon. I did measure out all the sugar & flour a few days ahead... so all i had to do was add oil/butter & eggs. Early in the morning, I took out the milk, butter & eggs to bring them to room temperature.

Flavors for the day:
- Red Velvet with Light Pink Cream Cheese Frosting
- Vanilla with Hot Pink Vanilla Buttercream



Here's the vanilla waiting for its turn into the oven.



6 dozen & counting...



10+ dozen cooling...



Vanilla Cupcakes w/Hot Pink Vanilla Buttercream





Red Velvet w/Light Pink Cream Cheese Frosting





Cupcakes wrapped & boxed...



8" 2-layer Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting



The task of frosting the cake was actually completed by the hubs. After 6 hours of baking & frosting cupcakes I was hella tired. Initially, I slapped on all the frosting, making it as smooth as I thought possible. Hubs took one look at it and shook his head. "No, no, no! You canNOT bring that to the wedding!" He said he could do a MUCH better job at it. I handed him a tub of frosting & a spatula and left. Ten minutes later..... VOILA! He asked, "Did you take a before photo? Cause if you did, you must post it up!" Unfortunately, I did not.... was too tired.

On display...



Layer cake adorned with a large peony.



12 comments:

curly chub said...

IMPRESSIVE!!

Elyse said...

Karen, I am so impressed! You did a fantastic job. Good for you. The cupcakes and the cake both look fabulous. (And your husband sounds like such a gem.) I'm sure the wedding was magnificent and made all the better because of your treats :)

DingDong said...

wow! really really impressive, love the color and they look so yummy!

pink said...

I've been looking forward to this post. Good job, K! Very professional. :)

Eliana said...

All of that hard work paid off. this looks amazing. Whimsical yet professional.

Susan Chien said...

Everything looks good!

Megan said...

Wow - I'm speechless.

Okay, not really - you did a phenomenal job - everything looks so pretty and festive. I really like your homemade tower, too!

Arielle's Mommy said...

holy .... impressive!

Mermaid Sweets said...

Wow Karen, they look amazing, the display is great, I would have totally had that at my wedding. I am jealous of all your cupcake supplies, I just baked 6 doz in one sitting and 4 doz in another sitting with only two cupcake pans!

HanaĆ¢ said...

Wow, that's amazing! Your cupcakes look beautiful so does the cupcake stand. Great job!! Your hubby did a great job frosting the cake! That's what I call teamwork :o)

I love those blue and green cupcake "racks". How perfect.

sassy said...

pretty impressive..love the pink frosting!

Michele said...

Wow! The cupcakes are amazing! great job!

Post a Comment