May 31, 2009

::SMS:: Bee Stings

Unfortunately, i totally flopped on this week's SMS recipe, which was chosen by Jaime of Good Eats and Sweet Treats. If you head over to Jaime's blog, you'll find the complete recipe and WONDERFUL photos of what the Bee Stings are suppose to look like.

Mine.... i couldnt even get the dough to rise. I think my first mistake was cutting the recipe in half and trying to make 6 Bee Stings instead of 12. Second mistake, was not adding more flour like many of the other SMS Bakers suggested.

Sorry.... i'm going to have to take another stab at this in the near future but please be sure to check out the SMS Blogroll for some other successful goodies.

7 comments:

Jaime said...

awww sorry they didn't turn out for you; maybe next time! thanks for trying though :)

Megan said...

Too bad they didn't work - but I had a lot of trouble with mine the first time as well.

pinkstripes said...

I don't think the directions were very good for this one. Too bad they didn't work out.

Fit Chick said...

It seems you were not the only one with problems. Check out Pink Stripes blog, she made great some changes and they came out great!

karen said...

pinkstripes is a genius! i'm gonna try it again soon!

Thanks everyone!

HanaĆ¢ said...

Too bad they didn't turn out. I think PinkStripes has some good tips on making it work *without* adding extra flour. When I make these again, I'll follow her directions.

notmicrowavesafe said...

I'm sorry they didn't work for you. You're braver than me, though, I just decided to forget it and skip this one! I agree with everyone else, though, PinkStripes had some really good ideas!

Post a Comment