By now most of you know that BabyDaddy is the ultimate Chocolate Lover. He'll only eat my Chocolate Valentine's Cake or a chocolate cupcake covered with a thick layer of dark chocolate buttercream. So how could I say no when he requested a Chocolate Molten Cake for his birthday? The ingredients are always on-hand & the method couldn't be easier.
Recipe from Jean-Georges: Cooking at Home with a Four-Star Chef
by Jean-Georges Vongerichten & Mark Bittman
Makes 4 individual cakes
1/2 cup unsalted butter, plus more to butter the molds
4 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate (NOT unsweetened)
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons flour, plus more for dusting
1. In the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, heat the butter and chocolate together until the chocolate is almost completely melted. While that's heating, beat together the eggs, yolks, and sugar with a whisk or electric beater until light and thick.
2. Beat together the melted chocolate and butter; it should be quite warm. Pour in the egg mixture, then quickly beat in the flour, just until combined.
3. Butter and lightly flour four 4-ounce molds, custard cups, or ramekins. Tap out the excess flour, then butter and flour them again. Divide the batter among the molds. (At this point you can refrigerate the desserts until you are ready to eat, for up to several hours; bring them back to room temperature before baking.)
4. Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Bake the molds on a tray for 6 to 7 minutes; the center will still be quite soft, but the sides will be set.
5. Invert each mold onto a plate and let sit for about 10 seconds. Unmold by lifting up one corner of the mold; the cake will fall out onto the plate. Serve immediately.
Featured in foodgawker.com entry # 24604
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (30)
- ▼ May (10)
A to Z ABC almonds appetizers apple asian award banana bbq birthday blogiversary blueberry bread brownies butterscotch cakes candy cheese cheesecake chinese chocolate chocolate chip citrus clubBAKED coconut coffee cookie carnival cookies cranberry cupcakes CWF desserts dips donuts flan fondant frostings frozen fruit gingerbread giveaway holidays honey ice cream kreativ blogger lemon matcha meat misc. mochi MSCupcakes muffins My 100 nutella nuts OBG pasta peanut butter People's Choice pies pumpkin red velvet restaurants scones SMB frostings sorbet souffle stand strawberry sugars Sweet Melissa Sundays sweet potato tart tips vanilla vegan waffles wedding whole wheat yogurt