May 12, 2009

DIY Cupcake Stand

I needed to find a stand for 100 wedding cupcakes. I decided to make one for the event. Basic instructions can be found here. The cake circles & dummies can be found at A.C. Moore, Michael's or other craft supply stores.

What I used:
8" cake circles
10" cake circles
12" cake circles
16" cake circles
20" cake circles
3" by 4" tall cake dummies
6" by 4" tall cake dummies
8" by 4" tall cake dummies
glue, tape, wrapping paper, ribbon

What I did:
The cake circles are really thin so I glued 3 of them together, making one cake circle 1" high. I then glued 1" wide ribbon around the edge of the cake circles. I used wrapping paper to cover the cake dummies. Since the bride's colors are fuschia and light pink (and since the cupcakes will also follow this color scheme), I didnt want to go overboard and make the cake stand the same colors so I kept the cake circles plain and left them white, while the edges of the other pieces are red. I added an extra cake dummy on the bottom for added height. Cupcakes can go around the bottom of the stand, which is almost 36" tall.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Very impressive! A lot of creativity and you certainly saved a lot of money.

100 cupcakes? Wow -

pink said...

Good job!

Mermaid Sweets said...

Awesome, thanks for the post, love it.

HanaĆ¢ said...

What a great idea!!! Very creative! Love it! Any ideas on a homemade cakestand for "regular" cakes? Making a wedding cake for a friend next month. Thanks!!

Baking is my Zen...sweet nibbles for the soul said...

Looks great!

Post a Comment