March 25, 2009

Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies

Recipe from Martha Stewart's Cookies
I received this book for Christmas from a dear friend. I thought it was about time that I tried one of the 175 cookie recipes.

My mom has been nagging me to make oatmeal cookies for Megan because they both love oatmeal cookies. "Don't forget to add some raisins!" said my mom, even though she knows I dont like raisins --- but this wasnt for me to eat, it was for them. Recipe says "makes about 2 1/2 dozen." I used a big 2" cookie scoop and came out with 15!

ingredients:
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup chunky applesauce
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (not the quick 1 minute oats)
1 1 /4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt (i used kosher)
1 cup raisins (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper (or use silpat).

Put sugars and butter in bowl of electric mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix on low until combined. Add egg & applesauce; mix well, about 2-3 minutes. Mix in oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix in raisins.

Using 1 1/2 inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheet, spacing 2" apart.


Bake until golden and just set, 13-16 minutes, rotating halfway through. Cool on sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack set over parchment paper. Cool completely.



The applesauce makes this cookie very moist & cake-like. I even ate the raisins!

1 comments:

pink said...

Yummy! Looks good.

Post a Comment