January 05, 2009

Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream

Am i overdoing the chocolate buttercream? Not exactly. I really like this frosting & I made enough frosting for probably 3-4 dozen cupcakes. I actually made two dozen cupcakes on Sunday. One was the devil's food cupcake and the other was my next cupcake.... my Vanilla "Happy Birthday" Cupcake. The texture of this cake was similar to the white cupcake. I was hoping for a lighter cake but this was still tasty, especially when piled with CHOCOLATE.

I LOVEEEEEEEEE January babies! To help them celebrate their birthdays, I will bake them cupcakes. Why January, do you ask? TAKE A GUESS! (And no, it's not because Chinese New Year falls in January this year.)

The Cupcake: (makes 12 / 350 degree oven)
2/3 cup whole milk
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Heat the milk in a saucepan over low heat until it is hot. Remove from heat, set aside.

Sift the flour, baking powder & salt, set aside.
In your mixer, beat the eggs & sugar on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Mix in the vanilla extract. On low speed, add in the flour mixture and beat for about 1-2 minutes. Slowly add in the hot milk, mixing for 30 seconds. Your batter should be smooth & very thin,

Fill cupcake lined pans with about 1/2 cup of batter and bake for about 15-17 minutes. Cool then frost.

4 comments:

curly chub said...

S is a January bb...cupcake for him please

Arielle's mommy said...

kc-- you are baking too much! who's been eating all those good stuff for you??

Peggy said...

I'm a February baby...can you bake me some cupcakes? =)

Megan's Mommy said...

@ Curly -- when's his bday?
@ Arielle -- Megan!!!
@ Peggy -- ahhh.... maybe Feb. will be Valentine's Day Cupcakes

stay tuned...

Post a Comment