January 04, 2009

Devil's Food Chocolate Cupcakes

In additon to my red velvet hunt, I have now decided to do one for chocolate.

To take a break from eating red velvet cupcakes every weekened, I decided to make chocolate cupcakes instead. Here was my first. Nice but now I want something dense and rich. So the seach began -- for chocolate fudge cake, devils food cakes, etc.

And here's what I found: a simple, ONE BOWL recipe for Devil's Food Chocolate Cupcakes:

makes 12 cupcakes / 350 degree oven

1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups milk
1/4 cup butter (room temp.)
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg (room temp.)

Put everything except the egg directly into your mixer bowl. Mix on low speed just until incorporated, about 2 minutes. Add in the egg, then beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into your pan (lined with paper). Bake for about 18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly in the pan then transfer to a rack to cool completely before frosting.

THE VERDICT: The taste and texture were exactly the same as my first. I should have made this first cause it was super simple. Took me 15 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to bake -- i had one dozen cupcakes in less than one hour. I'll make this recipe when I want a LIGHT cupcake.

Frosted with the devine Chocolate Buttercream
(scroll to the bottom of the linked post for the recipe)



To be continued...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like those sprinkle's ball! Can I have them on my cupcakes? :D

-Colin's Mom

Post a Comment