December 01, 2008

Cream Cheese Frosting

I love whipped cream cheese frosting, but for Red Velvet Cupcakes I thought it would be nice to try out "real" cream cheese frosting. This recipe makes enough frosting for one dozen cupcakes. For all my cupcakes, I will be practicing my 1M Swirls.... instructions can be found here.




Recipe adapted from several sources

4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter room temperature
2 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Place cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl. With a handheld electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat, on low speed to combine. If too soft, chill until slightly stiff, about 10 minutes, before using.


THE VERDICT: Talk about a sugar high! Would you expect anything less when the main ingredient is powdered sugar? TOTALLY SWEET!

1 comments:

curly chub said...

it happened to me too...total sugar high. I had to cut down the sugar :)

Post a Comment