As promised here, this is the recipe for the Butter Cookies. I used the tree press, hence the Spritz name. Using a cookie press was harder than I thought. I had to constantly re-refrigerate the dough when it wouldnt release from the press because the dough was getting too sticky. If I had to do this again... i think i might have to invest in a better press... but the cookies came out yummy and the recipe is so easy & simple!!!
Makes: about 5 dozen
Prep: 15 min
Bake: 10-12 min per batch
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Decoration: red and green sugar; multicolored sprinkles
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Have a cookie press and baking sheet(s) lined with parchment ready.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer on high speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and salt; beat until blended. On low speed, gradually beat in flour.
3. Following manufacturer's instructions, place dough into cookie press and press out cookies about 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate cookies with red and green sugar or multicolored sprinkles.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Transfer with a broad spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (30)
- ► 2009 (113)
- White Christmas Cupcakes w/White Chocolate Frostin...
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Fros...
- Super Easy Coconut Macaroons
- Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing
- Buttery Spritz Cookies
- Christmas Cookies
- Curry Laksa aka Curry Mee
- Freezing Cookies & Cookie Dough
- Storing Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes- Take 2
- sugar... sugar.... sugar
- Rice Pudding
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- ▼ December (13)
A to Z ABC almonds appetizers apple asian award banana bbq birthday blogiversary blueberry bread brownies butterscotch cakes candy cheese cheesecake chinese chocolate chocolate chip citrus clubBAKED coconut coffee cookie carnival cookies cranberry cupcakes CWF desserts dips donuts flan fondant frostings frozen fruit gingerbread giveaway holidays honey ice cream kreativ blogger lemon matcha meat misc. mochi MSCupcakes muffins My 100 nutella nuts OBG pasta peanut butter People's Choice pies pumpkin red velvet restaurants scones SMB frostings sorbet souffle stand strawberry sugars Sweet Melissa Sundays sweet potato tart tips vanilla vegan waffles wedding whole wheat yogurt